Friday, May 10, 2013

Voice

 
Linking up with Lisa-Jo for Five Minute Friday.  Here we go!

“As the years pass, I am coming more and more to understand that it is the common, everyday blessings of our common everyday lives for which we should be particularly grateful. They are the things that fill our lives with comfort and our hearts with gladness -- just the pure air to breathe and the strength to breath it; just warmth and shelter and home folks; just plain food that gives us strength; the bright sunshine on a cold day; and a cool breeze when the day is warm.” -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Comfort

You were crying when we first met.  They laid you ever so gently on my chest, and I cupped your little body in my hands.  "It's all right Itty-Bitty, shhh..." I said.  You quieted and looked around the room with your big eyes, taking in the world around you.  I still think of that moment.  My voice, it comforted you.  I didn't realize how you'd recognize my voice, or how the sound of my voice would be familiar and normal to you.  Still, it brings tears to my eyes to know the security my voice gives.  

He knows His sheep, He calls them by name.  And I'm pretty sure that He comforts us with His voice.  His truth tells us not to be afraid, His Word tells us He is with us.  Though we have not seen Him, He is known.  Like a mother comforts her child, our Father comforts and takes care of us.


4 comments:

  1. This was so beautiful! You have a lovely heart, and a cozy blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Delighted to find your blog through the link up! I love your writing and will be following on bloglovin'!

    P.S. It looks like we may have baby boys around the same age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alissa, my sweet boy just turned one. (Oh where, oh where did the time go???) Great to meet you, and thanks for following!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...