Friday, May 3, 2013

Shuffle

I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo for Five Minute Friday.  And without further ado, here we go.

Brave

He walks down the hall in a shuffle behind his walker, one foot following the other, each step filled with pain.  The chair in the corner with the blue cushion, and hole-y back sits in the corner watching him as he comes.  My little boy follows him step by step pushing his own little walker.  It takes a certain amount of courage, heart, to grow old.  He wants to be with Jesus, but he is still-so-very-much here with us.  And being here means being with loved ones, but suffering with pain on a daily basis.

The cup of tea tries to sooth, the meals are familiar and bring a little comfort, and my son brings some smiles.  I watch him as he wants to hold my baby.  I hold him, so he can see him. He kisses his head, and caresses his hair with his hand. Oh son, you follow in the steps of a giant.  He says he is a giant becoming feeble and small, a strong man becoming weak.  As you follow him, son, with your little walker, you are a little boy becoming strong.  The bravery it takes to fall when you are learning to walk is as great as the bravery shown when admitting there are things you can't (and shouldn't) do anymore.  Give us grace, and bravery, to face aging with courage.

6 comments:

  1. Lisa, So glad I stopped by your site tonight!

    Tender post on brave. Words true. This scene touched me deeply.

    Please Lord. As Lisa cried out, "Give us grace, and bravery, to face aging"--Yes, courageously! In Jesus' name, Amen.

    Your piece, a prayer. Well done, Lisa.

    Love in Christ,

    Shannon Cochran :)
    Wife. Mom. Writer. Life-giver.
    www.todaysladyvirtue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shannon. ;) I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  2. I blinked back a tear or two here...this is beautiful writing and perspective you share. Makes me want to read more and get to know you.....
    happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. ;) And for your kind words of encouragement.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise. It is simply what I have seen this week. My heart is full.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...