Saturday, May 25, 2013

For My Son

Mama and her boy
Papa doesn't only fly airplanes...
My son, you'll surely grow
And as you do, you know,
I love you to the stars and all the in between.
While you make your own path
My love and prayers cover you.
Everyday you dream I pray you will have
Courage to be brave in a world that says you can't.
Take heart, for you can.
When your dreams take flight
I believe you can do what you set out to do.
For today, you're little.
I still cradle you in my arms
And gently sing this song to you.
You watch me, eyes full of steady study.
I know you'll be a man someday, my son.
But for today, I'll rock you now
And thank God
For who you are, and what you are becoming.
You are a gift.
For my son,  you are a soul.
Unique.
Daring.
Careful.
Loving.
The Lord put you together.
You are a miracle.

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful words to your son...he is precious. :) Have a wonderful day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mel. I love him to pieces and then some. ;) Hope your day is grand, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! I LOVE the one of the two of you in the wheat! And what beautiful, true words. Your son will take courage as he reads them one day! Hope you're doing well, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jacqui. Always enjoy reading your heart words.

      Delete
  4. Adorable pictures and lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my space, Ashley! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...