Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Stretching of Body and Heart


Photo by Jenny Long of Long Memories
 I stood behind the counter and she asked, "Is there anything wrong with these?"  She looked for the tag on the blue jeans that I wished would fit, but that were snug in all the wrong places.  My lips curled at the sides and said, "Nope, they are perfect they just don't fit.  I'm still trying to lose baby weight."  I've been told lots of things about losing weight after pregnancy, but the only thing that seems to take the weight off for me is five miles of walking everyday and portion control.  And I still have some pounds to lose.  He's stretched my body for 9 months.  I don't know if it will ever be the same.

And then there is my heart, my heart.  This year he's stretched my heart as I've loved and loved some more.  I've given when I had nothing more to give.  At night, I've chosen him over sleep.  Oh the expansion of my heart.  This love has stretched and expanded my life.  I know I won't ever be the same.

Has your love been stretched and expanded this year?

1 comment:

  1. That is the most precious picture of you and your little one. Treasure these days...I'm still in disbelief at how quickly they are passing. Hope you are doing well, friend! Have a beautiful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...