Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Little Red Swing

It blows in the breeze on some afternoons when it is too cold for us to go out.  Other days, he sits in it, this boy of mine, with a smile that spreads clear across his face and touches his eyes.  On evenings as the sun goes down in the west, and the moon comes up in the east, moonglow and sunkisses settle themselves in shades of lavender and pink over the tree where the swing hangs.  Beautiful little boy, I didn't know you'd change my life so much.  Swinging happily over the days, dimpled with the joy you bring.  It's been close to a year, son.  But I still walk by that swing in the cool of the evenings and think how you've filled our lives when we thought our lives were already full, how you've brought us joy when we've already had a cupful of it, and how this love runs over and spills happiness unto those around it.  Sweet boy, how I love you!

1 comment:

  1. I love this. :) My hubby and I were just talking the other day about how we notice most how Mae has grown when she sits in her swing, the one we put up two years ago when she was tiny. Last year she filled it; this year, she barely fits. They grow too fast...but it's so much fun to watch them, too. And she fills my heart to overflowing. Thank you for this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...