Friday, March 8, 2013

Just Four Walls

Our little house and huge garage...from the grass strip.
Joining up for Five Minute Friday.  Write along if you wish!

Old creaky armchair
In fading shades of blue
Memories stitched together
With loving thoughts of you
We'll sit and rock right there
And I'll put my feet up
We'll talk and spend a little while
You'll look at me and I'll smile
Golden piano in the corner
Your fingers touch the keys
Calling up songs from your childhood
My heart sings as it sees
Home is more than the things you possess
Home is the things you do
Everyday building upon the next
If only everyone knew
The fresh baked bread out of the oven
The hot water on the stove
The acts of love and simple kindnesses
Build a home
But without precious memories
A home is just four walls.

LLB


4 comments:

  1. I smiled when I saw you had linked up today...and wow. You, my friend, have a gift with words! I love this...it's love. Always love that makes a home and a life. Thank you for this today! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, memories are so important in building a home, and it's all those seemingly small things we remember, that even become a part of who who we are. Beautiful poem, Lisa. I've never been good at writing poetry, but do love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. This is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, all. I used to write poetry all the time, and still it is the fastest way I think and express. But I stopped writing some time ago...around 2006 before I met my husband. And I'm attempting it again in baby steps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...