Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I'll Not Be Unlimited

"I deserve, no I have the right to be unlimited..."  I hear it and I feel like throwing my shoe at the screen.  A clean sock will have to do since me and the white load have a date.  What is it that makes society think (besides ridiculous commercials such as these) that they need to have access to unlimited data 24-7?  I don't get it.  I'm not unlimited.  In fact, there are definite limits on my time and energy.  I could spend (or waste) a lot of it looking at data I'll never remember, facts on someone's Facebook page just to waste time.  Anything of value takes time.  Writing a letter.  Making a meal.  Reading a book.  Painting.  We can't 'instantly' create something that is worth having.  Uploading my whole life and its records to a mobile device means that in the midst of living I've become more interested in recording my life.  My life isn't that interesting, in fact, I'd guarantee if we made a movie out of it much of the time the audience would see me playing with my baby, doing dishes, doing laundry, or cleaning.  All of that is important, but life, life is to be lived.  Memories are the stuff of life,  and I'll not be recording every single one of them.  I'll not be unlimited.  I don't have the time or energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...