Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Here and There

An absolutely gorgeous day here on the prairie.
Blue skies, sunshine, and low wind make me one happy girl. 

 Hubby jokes that I am fueled by sunshine, and I suppose in some ways that is true.  When the winds don't blow so hard that it is difficult to be outside, and if the weather isn't so hot that I'm sweaty all over, I really enjoy being outside.

As you can see from the pictures, we have no neighbors.  Just wide open spaces of sky and plains.  "Why does the sky look so big?" I've sometimes wondered.  My theory is that without mountains to give a higher horizon, the blue just seems to stretch on for miles. 

We're contemplating building at our house.  We're getting 10 chickens this evening, and they need a chicken house.  For now, we've got a temporary structure for them.  We also got a black cat and a grey cat.  I have plans to call them George and Martha since this is an election year.  Right now they are both 'kitty, kitty...' And we've talked about adding on.  Again.  The problem has nothing to do with not knowing what we want.  It's the reality that we both know how much work it takes to build and to finish.  We're both really good at starting something and not finishing.   It's easier to start with high enthusiasm than to finish with it. 

So here is to building and finishing....and a perfect day spent in the outdoors.

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely a sunshine girl, too. Sometimes it's the littlest things that bring so much joy. :) Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...