Friday, September 14, 2012

Moonrise

It took a moment for my eyes to adjust to the blackness. “Where are you?” I ask. “Over here,” he answers. I step carefully through the dewy grass to the chairs he's positioned in the middle of our yard. The moon hasn't risen yet. “You know, I was thinking yesterday,” he said. “Those solar lights in the yard, how amazing they are.” “Yep, who'd have ever thought that up,” I comment. He goes on, “Then I saw the moonrise and it was full.” I smile to myself as he continues, “A solar powered light to brighten the night. It seems like what we try to do here on earth is only a reflection of something He has already done.” My eyes adjust gradually to the darkness, as we watch the stars. I observe the diaphanous Milky Way as she glows a trail across the night sky. A satellite passes, and I see a falling star. Somehow, out in the night air it is easier to focus, and watch. Life moves a little more slowly, and we observe the changing of the seasons in the sky. The north star, ever constant hasn't moved since men sailed their ships at sea some hundreds of years ago. This sky, a focal point of His glory.




Five Minute Friday

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Love this, "The sky a focal point of His glory." I enjoy sitting out and watching the stars also, it is a more peaceful, calm time. It's easier to collect my thoughts, and listen to him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...