Friday, September 7, 2012

Grace-Filled

She smiled at me, and said something in Chinese.
I asked, "What does that mean?"
She closed her eyes and thought a moment.  "Grace.  You move like grace."
"Oh, you mean graceful?" I asked.
"Yes," she smiled.
.......
 I must have laughed all the way home.  She must not have been watching when I tripped unto the boat at the pier and almost landed in the water.  Never mind that we had to walk across a wooden plank balanced over the water to get on the boat.  Every morning I was afraid I'd end up stepping in the water instead of on the wooden plank.
.....
 "What did she say again?" she asked.
"She said I was graceful," I snickered.  "My Holly-hobby like skirt and I almost went head over heels into the Yangtze River and I'm graceful!"
My friend looked at my quizzically.  "But you are.  I see it."
"But my long and lanky limbs have absolutely no coordination," I shot back.
"Yes, but grace goes beyond how you hold yourself, it is a part of who you are," she said.
.....
When you love another person, you are full of grace.
When you see your neighbor and love them as yourself, you are full of grace.
When you give others the benefit of the doubt, you are full of grace.
When you listen and see the truth of what others say, you are full of grace.

It takes more than coordination to be graceful.  It takes a grace-filled life.




Five Minute Friday

4 comments:

  1. I like your list of grace-filled truths.

    Thank you for the post. I think being graceful, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, with love we can see beauty and gracefulness.

    I am the next gal in the list at FMF today. Blessings from the Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful story. It is wonderful when others can say what we would never dream to be true about ourselves. It is a grace God gives us through the mouths of people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully expressed! I think I hear grace in your words :) ~ Pam, Apples of Gold

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...